Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 1 - This is easy!

So I've set out to do what I've done many, many, MANY times before...quit smoking. Except this time, had to be different. I've got twin 1(+) year old boys at home, and I want to make sure that I'm around for them and all of their accomplishments in life. I'm done with the expense of buying cigarettes. I'm done with the staining of the teeth. I'm done with the smell. I'm done with my wife being wholly disgusted with me. I'm going to quit. And damnit...I'm going to do it right this time!

I've tried just about everything in past that's available. From nicotine replacement to prescription to resource guides and self-help manuals - been there, done that. I'm doing it cold turkey right now and I must say...it's much easier than I thought.

Instead of reading through diatribes of medical facts and figures online - i've decided to blog about my experiences. Everytime I want to smoke - I'll hop on here and talk about what I'm thinking...what I'm wanting...or just to BS my way through a five minute time span until the craving is gone.

Bear with me - we might have some interesting posts - but I hope you keep coming back. I also hope that if you are quitting smoking as well - let me hear your thoughts, too.

Wish me luck!

The New Non-Smoker
~ Jeff ~

No comments:

Post a Comment