Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 5 - Another Night with the In-Laws

So apparently my timing was a little off in the week to quit smoking. Last night when I got home, my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, niece and nephew were all there and let's just say the volume was a "little loud". Actually...it was a zoo. With our two boys that are exploring everything and my niece and nephew who have collectively more energy than a case of Red Bulls - it was crazy! Although it was crazy...I still managed to not smoke! That was probably the toughest out of everything so far. In the past, I've always just gone outside when "I've had enough" - or just need to get away. This time - I've found my new refuge. We've got a table right by a window in our Master Bedroom. I went back there, shut the door, sat on the table, got out the trusty iPhone and jammed to a few songs from iTunes as I stared into the backyard. It was nice. It was quiet. It was much needed.

Once the family left, and we got the boys down to bed...it was so nice to have a quiet evening - our house back to "just us" - and we sat on the couch together, had a snack and watched some tv. Later in the night I talked to my best bud, Henry. I must say, if it wasn't for my wife and him - and the support that both of them have given me - I probably would have started back up by now. It's great to know that I have an awesome support group.

Lastly...I must say that I can honestly tell you just how much my wife HATED the fact that I smoked. I don't think I've ever been kissed more and hugged more by her. She's never sat closer to me or laid closer to me than she has this week. She's so much happier. So fellas...if you're a smoker - and your wife isn't - TRUST ME...you should quit. There's plenty of LOVE that she wants to share. She'd just rather not do it with an ashtray! :)

Well - time to get to work here. TGIF! I've been ready for this day all week long! Talk to you soon!

~ Jeff ~

My Last Cigarette Readings (9:03 a.m. CST)
Increased Life Expectancy: 5 hours, 43 minutes, 30 seconds
Money Saved: $13.63
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 59.3987
Number of People died from smoking causes since I've quit: 37,972
Poor Circulation (Level continues to fall...but at an EXTREMELY slow pace!)
Poor Lung Health
Excellent (None) Carbon Monoxide Levels
Exteme Cravings (Continuing to drop...still a LONG way to go, though!)
Excellent (None) Nicotine Levels in Body

No comments:

Post a Comment