Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 2 - Maybe It's Not So Easy!

Wow! Last night was okay...I wanted to eat everything in sight and I went to bed by 10:15 p.m. - that's about 2 hours earlier than normal. I woke up this morning and felt better - I couldn't believe it! I could feel that I was breathing better already!

I drove to work and started the daily grind. This was the hardest - as my normal routine was to (in robotic fashion) get out of car, reach in pocket, get out cigarette, light cigarette, smoke cigarette, dread going up to work, extinguish cigarette, go to work.

But...I managed to get past all of that today...and then about 9:30 a.m. hit - my mouth started "numbing" and I felt like I was slurring my speech. Kelly (my boss) gave me a piece of gum (not nicotine gum) and that has seemed to help quite a bit! All in all - I think if I were to have brought some food with me today to the office for lunch and a snack or two, I'd be fine.

Lastly, I downloaded an iPhone app last night to assist in my goal of quitting smoking. It is the BEST quitting smoking iPhone app that I've seen and it's only $0.99. It's called "My Last Cigarette". It gives me readings of how everything "looks" in my body, how much money I've saved, how much "time" I've added back on to my life since quitting smoking and a whole heck of a lot more! Below each post from now on, I will tell you what the readings are.

'Til Next Time!

~ Jeff ~

My Last Cigarette Readings (10:47 a.m. CST)
Increased Life Expectancy: 1 hour, 29 minutes, 44 seconds
Money Saved: $3.56
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15.5209
Number of People died from smoking causes since I've quit: 9,925
Poor Circulation
Poor Lung Health
Excellent (None) Carbon Monoxide Levels
Exteme Cravings
Medium Nicotine Levels in Body

No comments:

Post a Comment